Home Electrical Safety Inspections
one system that is of greatest concern to home buyers and home owners is the
electrical system. Very few home inspectors are qualified to make a complete
detailed assessment of an electrical system. At
Gillis Electric, we are a
licensed master electrician. Our basic home inspection already includes an
inspection of the electrical system that exceeds industry standards for home
inspections. The inspection includes:
The removal and inspection of a select number of wiring devices (outlets,
switches, etc.) to:
- check the condition of the device and the wire feeding the device
- check for open grounds
- check for proper polarity
- check the integrity of the connections
- check to see whether it is properly wired (i.e. proper wiring methods and
A representative number of devices will be checked. Typically, we check
10-15% of the devices but if we find problems in some of the devices, we
increase the number of devices that we check so that we can better assess the
likelihood that the problems exist in other areas.
- Inspecting the main panel and sub panels for proper grounding, bonding,
and integrity of connections.
- Checking the integrity of the water meter bonding jumper if it is present.
- Check for the presence of a driven ground rod and the integrity of the
- Check for proper grounding of supplemental systems such as telephone and
cable television and the integrity of the connections.
- Check critical areas for potential corrosion problems that may result from
improper connections or the use of dissimilar metals.
- Test the operation of all Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters.
If you are looking for an electrician to perform an electrical safety inspection please call us today at 352-799-3341 or complete our online request form.
| || |
Home >> Services >> Inspections